Friday, June 13, 2008

Hypocricy

Hypocrisy
Hypocrisy.- noun a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

Hypocrisy, the driving force behind teenage anger.

Well most people's teenage anger.

Mine was caused by Ray Golf and Jim Donnan, the brainless duo behind countless (12) heart breaking Georgia Bull dogs seasons. My teenage years and Georgia footballs woes ended the about the same time(December 2000) when Mark Richt was hired.

So what does that have to do with hypocrisy?

Well, between 1989 and 2000 I rooted for Florida State because then I at least had hope of seeing Florida lose. A fan never follows another team. It's like cheating on a girlfriend who gained a little weight. And was drunk all the time. And made out with her girlfriends. I will never forgive myself for my youthful indiscretion.

Neither will Georgia.

This is one of the problems with misanthropy. As part of mankind I'm prone to the flaws of man. I am therefore prone to more self-hate than the stereotypical self-hating Jew.

K Tuttle

No comments: